Watching people in gambling and other casinos around the world, one wonders how people can turn an entertaining activity into a worrying situation for friends and family.
Gambling can turn into a disease. It is a form of compulsive behavior and patients need help to stop themselves from destroying their financial and personal lives, careers, relationships, and almost every other aspect. If you know a loved one who is going down that road, get him help before it’s too late – by talking to the experts for gambling addiction at Health Republic.
Don’t be under the impression that as long as the gambler is not spending too much on the game and can afford it, he does not have a problem. Further, normally balanced and strong-willed people can also become gamblers. And, emotional and relationship issues cannot be counted as triggers.
Signs and Symptoms:
- Gambling makes home life unhappy
- Feeling remorse after gambling
- Preoccupation with gambling
- Borrowing money to gamble
- Gambling to escape worry or trouble
- Changes in sleeping/eating habits
- Losing work time due to gambling
- Gambling to obtain money from debts
- Considering or committing an illegal act to finance gambling
- Missing work or college/university due to gambling
- Celebrating good fortune by gambling
- Thoughts of suicide
How to Get Help for Gambling Addiction:
If you or someone you love suffers from a gambling addiction, it is important to get help as soon as possible. Gambling addiction can have serious consequences on your life, your finances, your relationships, and your happiness. At Health Republic, we manage at all.